Monday, May 17, 2010

You Fill My Heart With Love...



You Fill My Heart With Love



You came into this world
So wanted…so tiny…so helpless.
Then you looked up at me.
You filled my eyes with tears
and filled my heart with love.

You came into our home
So wanted…so tiny…so helpless.
I felt so afraid and unworthy.
You filled my eyes with tears
and filled my heart with fear.

You came and lay upon my breast
So wanted…so tiny…so helpless.
You suckled so hungrily, gazing up at me.
You filled my eyes with tears
and filled my heart with love.

You came to rest in your cot
So wanted…so tiny…so helpless.
You cried with pain for which I could not ease.
You filled my eyes with tears
and filled my heart with fear.

Now dear child, you’ve grown so big
Still wanted…growing bigger…not helpless.
I watch you skip along the path and sing with pure delight.
Your face is filled with smiles of joy and you look into my eyes.
You say those words I long to hear…”I love you!”
Oh how you fill my eyes with tears, dear child
and fill my heart with love.

- Kerry Warnholtz

5 comments:

  1. Kerry,

    You have so much love to give and words of wisdom. Philomena is lucky to have such a loving and caring mother (and father)and Anthony is lucky to have you as his wife and I am lucky to have you and to call you as a friend.

    Take care
    Love always

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. **sniff **sniff...thanks Rachael, though you got me all teary.:) I think personally, I am the luckier for having Phil and Anthony. It's amazing how much a relationship of husband and child enriches your own life, and forces you to look more deeply at yourself, and to become a better person...wife...mother...friend.

    And I am lucky to have you as a friend too. Friends can also expose you to things and experiences, you would not otherwise encounter, and deepen your knowledge, empathy and understanding.
    I'm sorry it's been so long in-between since we've had contact, but that is life. It's good to be able reconnect with you Rach...it's been alot of years...too many actually. See ya soon.

    Kerry XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome poem Kerry .. Love the new Blog

    Dohi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kerry - awesome poem - ditto to Bro above - I am going to give a copy of this poem to Alexia. I think she will very much appreciate the words. Take care, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andrew and Wendy...you guys inspired me to create this blog, and Andrew, you inspired me to write poetry..thanks to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete