Saturday, June 19, 2010

Melting Hearts


I've just been reading Liz's latest post, where she talks about her girls and a 'melting heart' moment. I commented on her post about my 'melting heart moment', and really wanted to share it with you....

After bathing Miss Phil, and helping her get dressed, she was sitting on the bed in her pyjamas and I was asking about her day (I had left for work before she awoke). Out of the blue came this from the mouth of babes.

"Mummy...I miss you when you are gone, and when you leave it breaks my heart. But when you come back, my heart feels better."

It's moments like these you really come to cherish and keep close to your heart. ***sniff***sniff









4 comments:

  1. You have one very smart kid there...

    love Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. And do you know what - it never stops. I still have melting heart moments from all of my children and they are 28, 26 and 18. You just gotta keep noticing.

    When Alexia was just a tot her Dad was holding her outside at night in his arms. They were looking up at a HUGE full moon and she looked up at it and held out her hand and asked her Daddy to pull it down for her. My goodness that was a major melt your heart moment. Thanks for sharing this beautiful post. Cheers, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean how smart they are at making you all go to mush Rach? :)

    Thank you Wendy! I'm so glad to hear that. I hear so much about how kids are such a burden from their parents, and it saddens me. I still vehemently believe that you will get back what you give out, and if you give out love and respect to your children, that it will be returned tenfold! I'm not saying that there won't be challenges, but I know even now, in spite of 'bad days' that you get with children, the better days far outweigh them.
    THAT is definitely a MAJOR melt your heart moment! :) Thank you for sharing yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the moments we treasure as parents :)

    ReplyDelete